Athletic Performance & Recovery
Exceptional effects of healing have been observed in the sports traumatology area. Systematic cryotherapy has become an optional method in healing the sports traumas, and is also applied as a method of biological regeneration.
Cryotherapy can burn up to 500 to 800 calories in one session. It is excellent to prepare your body before your workout for increased energy, metabolic rate, stamina and help burning fat. Before a game, race or workout, Cryotherapy can increase your performance as well as help in a quicker recovery.
Your body creates inflammation in cells and tissues to react to strain or injury. When you damage cells, the cells, send chemical signals that dilate blood vessels, swelling, warms tissue and a grouping of white blood cells. Cryotherapy promotes your body to fight the inflammation which lowers soreness in the post-workout and also constricts blood vessels which helps with pain relief. The cryotherapy treatment provokes the ‘fight or flight’ response, which lowers inflammation and your body’s perception of unwanted pain.
Overall Whole Body Cryotherapy Fitness Benefits:
- Quicker athletic recovery
- Boost immune system
- Mental competitive edge
- Lower injury recovery time
- Increased blood and lymph circulation
- Decreased muscle soreness
Locker rooms and Doctors across the world use cold to benefit them for your health. They tend to use the treatment for sport injuries called R.I.C.E. (Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation). Whole Body Cryotherapy has three changes to your body that cause these analgesic effects.
- The nerve signal transmissions from the source of the pain to the brain are slowed. This could reduce pain in some individuals.
- The levels of norepinephrine increase after the cold immersion. When norepinephrine is released naturally in dire situations it has the effects of reducing pain sensitivity used as a protective mechanism from life and death situations.
- Whole Body Cryotherapy can reduce pain intensity and frequency by reducing inflammation.
Cryotherapy is a Anti-inflammatory
A session of whole body cryotherapy right after a workout or other exercises has been proven to improve muscular recovery by holding back the inflammatory process, which will decrease recovery time by up to 50%, to increase your ability to train, perform, and recover. Cryotherapy will keep your body in peak physical shape and give you the advantage over your opponents. All of this will enable you to maximize your potential and help to prevent:
- Runner’s Knee
- Arthritis pain
- Lower back pain
- Pain and swelling after a replacement surgery
- To treat pain or swelling under a cast or a splint
To schedule your Cryotherapy Session with Orlando Sports Chiropractic, Call (407) 345-8686 or